Our Mission & Vision
To encourage churches to hold fast to the gospel
through gospel-centred resources and events in partnership with local churches. The vision of Malaysia Gospel is to enable Malaysian Christians:
- To love Christ and his gospel, deepening in their knowledge of the gospel as expounded throughout the Scriptures and growing in their commitment to protecting, proclaiming, and prioritizing the gospel.
- To join, grow and plant gospel-centred churches which are Bible-based and focused on making disciples of all nations.
- To be trained in gospel-centred ministry by providing resources and information about opportunities to grow in gospel-centred ministry.
- To establish Area Gospel Fellowships in cities and towns across Malaysia to promote regional gospel growth.
- To find and recruit faithful speakers and staff who can engage in gospel-centred ministry in the local church.
Malaysia Gospel was formed in 2017 by a group of Pastors committed to promoting gospel-centred ministry in local churches throughout Malaysia. It was observed that in many churches, the gospel, though believed, no longer retains its place as the central message and motivation of the church. Instead, a right emphasis on Christ and his gospel has been displaced by a focus on other important but secondary matters such as worship, the gifts of the Holy Spirit, communion, prayer, mission and more.
Moreover, in many Malaysian churches, preaching and teaching, particularly from the Old Testament is moralistic, focusing merely on behavior, and not on God’s gracious actions that motivate our behavior. As a result, many Christians lack assurance of salvation, trust in God’s sovereignty and joy in service, and instead suffer from guilt, fear, burnout, or pride, as they seek to adhere to moral standards without the assurance and motivation of God’s grace.
What is needed is to restore Christ and the gospel to its central place in the church in teaching and preaching, and to emphasize God’s grace as the primary motivating reason for all Christian living and ministry.
We pray that the resources and events provided through the Malaysia Gospel website and its regional Area Fellowships, may encourage all Malaysian Christians to hold fast to Christ and his gospel, and bring glory to him as Christ and his gospel is proclaimed by Malaysians to all the earth.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. (Romans 1:16)
But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:7-8)
“There is a need to restore Christ and the gospel to its central place in the church in teaching and preaching, and to emphasize God’s grace as the primary motivating reason for all Christian living and ministry”